To stay informed on all things TBG and Real Estate, follow us below.
DID YOU KNOW?
The extraordinary recovery of the U.S. economy is set to make the country the world’s top destination for overseas investment this year and next, with foreign businesses drawn by the prospect of a rapid and sustained rebound in consumer spending. (WSJ)
DID YOU KNOW? The highest state-level sales tax in the USA is 7%, which is charged by 5 states - Indiana, Tennessee, New Jersey, Mississippi, and Rhode Island. State-level sales tax is only part of the story: when average local sales taxes are taken into account, you can find sales tax rates north of 7% in almost 20 states: When ranked by state + average local sales taxes, Tennessee has the highest sales tax in the USA with an average rate of close to 10% (but zero state taxes!), followed closely by Louisiana, Washington, and Arkansas.
DID YOU KNOW? Sales during the first 24 hours of Amazon’s PRIME day mega-sale, which kicked off at 3 a.m. ET on Monday, are set to surpass $5.6 billion, representing 8.7% growth year over year, showcasing the health of retail ......especially digital. That's more than Thanksgiving Day 2020. (CNBC)
DID YOU KNOW? Joe and Nick Jonas, two-thirds of the Jonas Brothers band, set records in 2019 when they and their wives, actresses, Sophie Turner and Priyanka Chopra Jonas, respectively, purchased two homes in Encino, an upscale area of Los Angeles's San Fernando Valley, for a combined total of $34.1 million (Check it out here).
D BEST 2021 FEATURE
Diana and I are both honored, blessed, and overwhelmed with gratitude to be recognized as a D Magazine D Best Top Producer and Real Estate Agent again for 2021! I am very proud of our accomplishments this year. We will continue to succeed and excel. Thank you to my wonderful clients and friends for your continued trust and support! Shoutout to our very own, Mary Markey (TBG Realtor) awarded as D Best Top Real Estate Agent.
1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined,
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil,
2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder,
1 teaspoon all-spice,
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger,
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme,
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon,
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper,
kosher salt and black pepper,
warm tortillas and smashed avocado, for serving
Garlic Cilantro Sauce: 2 cloves garlic, smashed, 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream, 2-3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, 1/4 cup chopped green onions, 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, 2-3 cups shredded green cabbage
Roasted Jalapeño Pineapple Salsa: 1-2 jalapeños, 1 cup diced pineapple, 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped juice from half an orange (about 1/4 cup), juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
Instructions: 1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. On a baking sheet, toss the shrimp with olive oil, chili powder, all-spice, ginger, thyme, cinnamon, cayenne, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer. Add the garlic (for the garlic sauce) and the jalapeños (for the salsa). Roast 6-8 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked. During the last minute, switch the oven to broil and broil until lightly charred. Set the shrimp aside.
3. To make the sauce. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skin and add to a blender with the yogurt and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Add the cilantro, green onions, and a pinch of salt. Pulse to combine.
4. Add the cabbage to a large bowl and toss with 1/3 cup of the garlic sauce.
5. To make the salsa. De-seed the jalapeño (if desired), then chop and add to a bowl with the pineapple, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
6. Stuff the avocado, slaw, salsa, and shrimp into the warmed tortillas. Top with garlic sauce and additional salsa.
3 Beds | 3.5 Baths | 3,565 Sq. Ft. | $1,995,000
Architecturally-significant home on a gorgeous street in University Park was custom designed by Larsen and Pedigo. This Charleston Single is characterized by exposed brick and repurposed Louisiana longpine flooring. Wonderful entertaining spaces, with a grand dining room and a kitchen that opens to the living area to allow great flow for gatherings. The outside is just as magical, with two separate garden areas in brick and slate, each featuring a lovely fountain and ample room for elegant outdoor occasions. Upstairs, a screened-in porch runs the length of the home and leads to a garconniere, accessed with its own stairway. For the homeowner who wants something truly special.
1Beds | 1Bath |1,083 Sq. Ft. |$248 per Sq. Ft. | $269,000
Open Lot - Build Your Dream Home! | $129,900 | 26,832 / 0.62 Lot Size / Acres
M: (214) 458-1747